Bubbly's day-to-day thoughts & happenings!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Jia’s Star Birthday!








It’s Jia’s (First) Star Birthday today! Back home we used to go to temples to worship on this day… Well it’s kind of asking God to bless us with a good year ahead. Yesterday, we informed some good hearts back home to visit the temple to do the rituals on behalf of us.
(The pink dress picture is the one that I clicked today... It's her new Birthday dress !)

Today, as I was arranging the wardrobe and gift items those that she had received on the day of her b’day party… I came across a few set of dresses, which I felt would become small for her within a month or so. I packed those dresses and also a doll that Jia received as a gift in a cover and handed it over to my better half to give it in the ‘Red Crescent’! From now on… I have planned to give new dresses or whatever I can… on the day of my kids’ b’day to the needy.

Years back, when I was in college, I never used to celebrate my birthdays. Instead, I used to visit the ‘home’ for women and spend the day with them, distributing food and clothes. It gave me immense pleasure… as I felt that I had people to share my feelings with. My mom was always busy with her office… and sister with her friends and dad was mostly abroad. My birthdays during my school days would just pass off like any other day. Well… such was my life and I don’t blame anyone for that! So, during college days, I preferred celebrating my birthdays in the orphanage!
Ah those memories…


A conversation with my lil Prince today!

Prince: Mummaaa... *looking at Jia* Jia looks cute no mummaaa??!!
Me: Ah ya... she is cute!
Prince: Was I also cute like this when I was small?
Me: *smiling* You are always cute my baby!!!
Prince: *wide grin* thank you mumma!
Me: You're welcome baby *planted a kiss on his forehead*

Prince: Mumma… which God is your favorite God?

Me: hmmm I think I like all the Gods.

Prince: Ah me too mummaa… ummm but mummaaa…., there should be one favorite God??!!

Me: *thinking* hmmm well… may be Ganpathi…! Cuz he is small and cute like you… (And I kiss his small pot belly, as he was changing his clothes after bath! ) And so, mumma likes Ganpathi *smiling*

Prince: All saucer-eyed Oh me too mumma *he smiles* But mummaaa… I like Lord Shiva too!

Me: *smiling*

Prince: And mummaaa a terrible thing happened in school today!

Me: *worried what it could be*

Prince: I showed Lord Shiva’s photo to ‘Shaahid’ today… & ‘Shaahid’ said that Lord Shiva is a donkey!!! I felt sad mummaaaaa… I told him not to say that… but he was going on saying that.

Me: *fuming within* Ignore him baby… he is ignorant & has no culture… and if he repeats it again, u tell it to your teacher.

Prince: Ya mummaaa I wanted to do that… but Jayapra-TA (that is how he pronounces ‘tha’) stopped me fom doing so.

Me: The next time he teases, you tell it to ur teacher.

Prince: Okie mumma.

These are the times we feel bad about the way parents or other elders convey about other religion to their little ones! When are the elders going to learn???

I just hugged this lil Prince for 2 minutes… and like I said earlier, he inhaled my aroma and started snoring within the next couple of minutes. Hmmm it’s tough at times when I am in the midst of some kitchen chores. Yet… this is what I’ve been experiencing for the past 8yrs. Giving my aroma to him… so that he sleeps there innocently. And sometimes I feel happy that this lil Prince loves me so much. In fact I need that after a tough day… to forget my pains and also sorrows on those foul foul days.

Now I have my Princess on my lap, who has already gone into the la-la land as I keep typing this blog.

This blog may sound quite bland… but… today I feel a bit more tired than yesterday… yet came here as I don’t want to take anymore breaks.

So, there I go… hugging my pillow…

2 comments:

  1. How fast she has grown! She looks more and more like Pranav each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup she does look like him! And I am happy about that... Where ever they go, they won't have to strain introducing themselves as brother and sister... It's self explanatory :D And yo... she is growing faster... hmmm I am not able to catch up with her!!! The plates in the kitchen are being used as frisby by her... hmmm I only pray that she doesn't break this poor head of mine someday!

    ReplyDelete

Like any other blogger, I love reading feedbacks and comments! I am sure that the comments would be pretty decent!